Let’s find out more about coconut oil together: coconut oil has been used since ancient times for the care and beauty of skin and hair. Obtained from the dried pulp of the coconut (Cocos nucifera, not to be confused with the oil palm Elaeis guineensis), it is naturally rich in minerals, Vitamins including A, D, E and C and important medium-chain fatty acids ( 90%) and monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fatty acids.
Among the most active fatty acids we find: lauric (48.5%), myristic (18%), palmitic (8.5%), caprylic (7%) and oleic and linoleic (7%) . Coconut Oil has moisturizing, antibacterial, soothing, compacting and antioxidant properties.
Thanks to its characteristics and its very high dermo compatibility, it is easily absorbed, helps purify the skin, protect it from premature aging, peeling and drying, giving a silky, supple and soft skin and shiny, full-bodied hair.
Coconut oil has a natural sun protection factor ranging from 4 to 6, therefore for sunbathing it intensifies the tan, but is more suitable for dark skin.
Thanks to its high versatility, the stai Bene® organic coconut oil has many fields of use:
as a massage on the body / face before and after the bath or shower
– to enrich the bath water
– on the lips
– before the bath at sea
– as a make-up remover
– as a pre-shave and after shaving
– as a pre-shampoo mask on dry and frizzy hair
– to preserve the proteins of the hair shaft
– on the tips of the hair after rinsing as a modeling agent
– on the scalp to reduce presence of dandruff
– as a lice barrier associated with a few drops of EO of Neem
– as a scalp stimulant added with OE of cedar wood, rosemary, lavender and thyme and a pinch of cayenne pepper
– in the massage on sun / senile spots perhaps with a few drops of lemon (in the evening) – in the prevention of redness and mycosis from the diaper
– in the cradle cap of the newborn
– for the massage of the newborn and the child after the bath
– to anti-inflammatory and purify without drying acne-prone skin
– in case of eczema, mycosis
– on scars – for the treatment and alkalinization of the oral cavity (oil pulling)
– as a toothpaste with a tip of bicarbonate and a drop of lemon juice
– as a soothing and anti-inflammatory on canker sores and herpes
– insect repellent with OE of mint or lemongrass
At temperatures below 24 °, the Coconut oil solidifies; just remove the quantity you need with a shovel and heat in a bain-marie to bring it back to its liquid state.